Keeping Clean While Outdoors


On a calorie limited diet or a cold day a good approach to getting rid of BO and cleaning out the cracks is to splash water on the body and use abrasive foliage, such as the bottom of a moss patch or abrasive rock to scrub and exfoliate the skin. When properly exfoliated, you'll still be covered with bits of debris, so splash some more water to rinse the grime and call it. Get the back and all the places. This method avoids a full body submersion.

You can also rub clay in your pits and rinse.

I cant speak to cavities, as I have since changed my diet to avoid sugar, but, plaque, tarter, and stains are on the surface only. To clean my teeth, even when not in the woods, I know I can simply scrape off the accumulation using a sharp steel - as an oral hygienists does - pick between with a stick or w/e being careful not to stress my gums, and then simply use a fine abrasive like a small amount of clay or ash and a rag to brush away to a polish. All color is on the surface. A charcoal chunk, when used gently can scrub your tooth and reduce tooth bactera if need be.

You hair is similar. A long toothed hair pick I find, is a must to have in your car.

Lye, the active ingredient in soap, which emulsifies oil (makes it water soluble) can be had from the white ash of a fire. Excess oil can technically be washed or removed with a rag (though this is not thorough) or even try rubbing the dry ash on or dirt and then rinsing. 

Comments

Popular Posts